Eleven Bulgarian weightlifters banned for positive tests

Posted April 29th, 2019 by admin and filed in 杭州夜生活
Comments Off on Eleven Bulgarian weightlifters banned for positive tests

In March, eight male weightlifters, including three European champions, and three female athletes, tested positive for the banned anabolic steroid stanozolol at a training camp for the European championships in Tbilisi, Georgia.

杭州桑拿

The Bulgarians, however, received relatively light sanctions after the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) took into consideration some extenuating circumstances.

The Bulgarian authorities said the weightlifters took the banned substance through the food additives they are using for recovery.

Asen Muradov, Ferdi Nazif, Vladimir Urumov, Stoyan Enev, Deyan Minchev as well as female athletes Nadezhda-Mey Tuy Nguen, and Maya Ivanova were suspended for nine months.

Former European champion Demir Demirev, 2014 European champions Ivan Markov and Ivaylo Filev and female weightlifter Milka Maneva were banned for 18 months as they were already suspended for doping.

The Bulgarian weightlifting federation said it would appeal against the bans at the Court of Arbitration for Sport, hoping that the athletes will be allowed to compete at the world championships in the United States in November.

“The decision is a clear signal from the world sports institutions that we’re not guilty,” the federation said in a statement.

“We’ll fight to the end and we’ll try all the possibilities to help our athletes to participate at the world championship this autumn.”

Bulgaria withdrew from the European championships in Georgia after the federation said it could not find replacements in such a short time.

Bulgarian weightlifting has suffered repeated embarrassment due to doping cases and the national body was temporarily stripped of its licence in 2009.

(Reporting by Angel Krasimirov, editing by Ed Osmond)

Police fear UK family crossed into Syria

Posted April 29th, 2019 by admin and filed in 杭州夜生活
Comments Off on Police fear UK family crossed into Syria

Concern is growing for 12 family members from England suspected of travelling to join Islamic State jihadists, as police say they may already be in Syria.

杭州桑拿

Two of the fathers whose wives and children went missing after first travelling to Saudi Arabia on a pilgrimage have made a tearful appeal for their return.

The family members – the youngest aged three – were due to return home last week but are believed to have flown from Saudi Arabia to Turkey and then crossed into Syria.

“We have received information that contact has been made with the family in the UK which suggests one of the missing adults may be in Syria,” West Yorkshire police said in a statement.

“Contact has been made by one of the missing women and there is an indication that they may have already crossed the border into Syria but this is uncorroborated.”

Sisters Sugra Dawood, 34, Zohra Dawood, 33, and Khadija Dawood, 30, travelled from their home in Bradford in northern England to the Saudi pilgrimage city of Medina with their nine children, aged three to 15, on May 28.

“All of you, I can’t live without you,” said Akhtar Iqbal, husband of Sugra Dawood at an emotional press conference on Tuesday.

Mohammed Shoaib, husband of Khadija Dawood, said: “Please contact me whenever you want. Please come back.”

Zohra Dawood’s husband is currently in Pakistan, British media reported.

Balaal Khan, a lawyer for the children’s fathers, said the sisters were believed to have a relative fighting for either the Islamic State group or another extremist organisation in Syria, and it was feared that they have gone to see him.

The counter-terrorism unit of the regional police force is leading the investigation.

NSW fired up by Qld barbs

Posted April 29th, 2019 by admin and filed in 杭州夜生活
Comments Off on NSW fired up by Qld barbs

For someone who claims that he doesn’t read newspapers, NSW captain Paul Gallen sure seemed fired up about the barbs published ahead of Wednesday night’s State of Origin II in Melbourne.

杭州桑拿

Gallen appeared to be the main instigator when he launched an explosive tirade on match eve, describing Queensland as “grubby” and “disrespectful”.

But the Blues leader agreed with his surly coach Laurie Daley that taunts presumably from Queensland spurred them on to their 26-18 game two win – and maybe even an eventual series win.

The Blues on Wednesday night took aim at everyone from Queensland Rugby League chairman Peter Betros to so-called critics – and this was after they had won.

Gallen again provided the spark to NSW’s impressive win in front of a record 91,513-strong MCG crowd – and it was clear later what provided the motivation.

Gallen appeared to cite a Queensland newspaper headline on Wednesday that described him as a “drug cheat” in light of the Cronulla supplements saga after the bruising win.

“There was plenty said about us. People wanted to see us fail,” Gallen said.

“No one likes to be bagged. But we did what we had to do to win.”

Asked what he thought of being called a drug cheat, Gallen said: “I don’t care mate. I don’t read the newspapers.”

Asked if he still thought Queensland were grubs, Gallen said: “Can I say yes?

“Look I don’t care, we won.”

Gallen may not peruse the papers but Daley sure does.

“People wanted to be critical of us – ‘the duds’ a few people called us,” he said.

“That was probably good for us.”

He was even offended by QRL boss Betros claiming NSW did not promote the game by opting to hold their Origin II camp in Coffs Harbour and not stay in Melbourne like Queensland.

“Paul, Peter, whatever his name is can say whatever he likes – I will do what is right for the team and I will do it again,” Daley said.

Then there was the on-field niggle.

Fill-in Queensland halfback Daly Cherry-Evans was targeted by Ryan Hoffman all night.

And Maroons fullback Billy Slater’s suspect shoulder copped a battering.

By the 22nd minute it almost became too much for Slater who retaliated by throwing the ball at a James Tamou shove, sparking the first of many mini-melees.

“You get caught in the heat of the game at times and tempers flare,” Queensland captain Cameron Smith.

“The game has made a great move in banning it (punching).

“It’s not something we want in the game. It’s not something we want in society.”

Asked how physical game two was, Queensland back-rower Aiden Guerra said: “There were a lot of facial massages – I thought I was in Thailand.”

Swiss FIFA inquiry investigates 53 suspicious bank transactions

Posted April 29th, 2019 by admin and filed in 杭州夜生活
Comments Off on Swiss FIFA inquiry investigates 53 suspicious bank transactions

Michael Lauber told journalists he would not rule out interviewing FIFA President Sepp Blatter and General Secretary Jerome Valcke, although Switzerland had so far targeted no individuals in the scandal that has rocked international football.

杭州桑拿

Switzerland, where FIFA is based, announced its criminal investigation and seized computers at FIFA headquarters last month on the same day that the United States shook the sport with the announcement of indictments of 14 football officials and businessmen as part of a separate probe into corruption.

“We are faced with a complex investigation with many international implications,” Lauber said in his first public comments since his office obtained the computer data last month.

“The world of football needs to be patient. By its nature, this investigation will take more than the legendary 90 minutes,” he said, referring to the length of a football match.

FINRA’s ethics committee confirmed it was conducting its own investigation into individuals suspected of breaking the rules in relation to bidding for the right to host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, which were granted to Russia and Qatar respectively.

It said it was prepared to investigate more suspects and take on extra staff if needed.

Also on Wednesday, Switzerland’s third largest listed bank, Julius Baer, said it had launched an internal investigation in connection with FIFA. It said it was cooperating with the authorities and did not say when its own probe had begun.

Swiss private banks have been buffeted by a storm of scrutiny and regulation in the past five years, largely linked to accusations of helping rich American and European clients avoid tax by stashing money in secret accounts in the past.

The attorney general was clear that Blatter and Valcke could be among those summoned for questioning: “There will be formal interviews of all relevant people. By definition, this does not exclude interviewing the president of FIFA and this does not exclude interviewing the secretary general of FIFA.”

Lauber said his team had obtained evidence on 104 bank-client relationships, each of which represented several accounts. Switzerland’s Financial Intelligence Unit anti-money laundering agency had identified the 53 suspicious transactions flagged up from information supplied by banks.

Blatter was re-elected to a controversial fifth term just two days after the graft probes became public. However, he announced the following week that he would step down and a new presidential election is due between December and February.

GARCIA REPORT SCRUTINISED

Swiss authorities have said their criminal investigation specifically targets the decisions to stage the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. Both Russia and Qatar deny wrongdoing and say they are preparing to hold the tournaments as scheduled.

Asked whether the Swiss investigation could derail Russia’s plans, Lauber said that decision was not his problem.

Lauber said his work was completely independent of the ongoing U.S. cases. While Switzerland had received and fulfilled a request for legal assistance from the United States, it had not asked for any such help in return, he added.

His investigation was looking closely at material generated by Michael Garcia, an American lawyer hired by FIFA to investigate ethics violations who spent years examining the Russia and Qatar bids.

Garcia’s report has never been published and FIFA has released only a summary which exonerated the Russian and Qatari bids of serious wrongdoing.

Garcia quit saying the summary mischaracterised his report.

However, it resulted in proceedings being opened against unnamed individuals which his successor Borbely said he has continued.

“The (ethics committee) is carrying out several proceedings into football officials on suspicion of breach of the FIFA Code of Ethics based on the findings of the investigation into the decision for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups,” Borbely said in a statement.

“Should new evidence come to light, the investigatory chamber will widen the group of suspects. (It) is prepared to increase its staff numbers at any time if needed.”

Lauber said the U.S. authorities had not asked for Garcia’s report.

Lauber said his office had seized nine terabytes of data. By comparison, the U.S. Library of Congress estimates on its website that its entire collection of printed works amounts to 10 terabytes. However, a single personal computer hard drive may hold several terabytes, which can be quickly filled up with material like high definition video.

He said he had no complaints about FINRA’s cooperation to date. FIFA said in a statement that the Swiss investigation was based on a complaint that it had made itself last November.

“FIFA is cooperating fully as an injured party in the actions by Swiss authorities,” it said.

“FIFA itself instigated these proceedings in November 2014 when it presented the file on the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup bidding process to the Swiss Office of the Attorney General.”

(Additional reporting by Katharina Bart and Tom Miles; Writing by Peter Graff and Brian Homewood; Editing by Crispian Balmer)

Apologetic Kokkinakis misses a gear in Queen’s exit

Posted April 29th, 2019 by admin and filed in 杭州夜生活
Comments Off on Apologetic Kokkinakis misses a gear in Queen’s exit

The 19-year-old wildcard could not repeat the form that saw him beat Jeremy Chardy for his first Tour level victory on grass the previous day, stalling to a 6-4 6-2 defeat on Centre Court as the effects of a dash back Down Under to visit his ailing grandmother appeared to catch up with him.

杭州桑拿

Kokkinakis, 70th in the ATP rankings after reaching the French Open third round where he pushed Novak Djokovic hard, actually started well but was too inconsistent against the wily seventh seed and his challenge faded.

With refreshing youthful honesty, Kokkinakis said he had become a bit distracted by the sight of Jeremy Clarkson, long-time presenter of the hugely popular BBC car show, watching on from the front row of the stands.

He also sent a Twitter message saying: “Feel bad for the spectators tbh about that one…. yuck! Hope to redeem myself on the doubles court with Rusty (Lleyton Hewitt).

Chatting easily to reporters later he added: “Got a bit distracted, actually. Was like, ‘oh, there he is from Top Gear. Disappointing performance in front of him. What can you do sometimes?” he told reporters.

“Was the guy from One Direction here too?”

When told that a member of the Boy Band was indeed watching, Kokkinakis, said: “Jeez!! Just got to be better than that.

“I looked over when I was down like a set and a double break. I was like, Ah, this is rubbish. At least I saw some important faces in the crowd. That’s good.”

Show courts will become regular playgrounds for Kokkinakis who is following in the slipstream of fellow Aussie Nick Kyrgios who made such an impact by reaching the Wimbledon quarter-finals last year after beating Rafa Nadal.

Kyrgios hogs the limelight but the level-headed Kokkinakis looks ready to share the burden when Wimbledon starts this month, even if he was stuck in second gear against Simon.

“I liked it yesterday. Didn’t like it so much today,” he said of the grass surface on which he won his first national title at under-12 level. “I felt like it was one of my poorest performances in a while.”

At least he is spared having to qualify for Wimbledon after his climb in the rankings.

“Yeah, it’s big for me. I definitely don’t want to play quallies the rest of my life,” he said.

(Editing by Ed Osmond)